QUOTE ABOUT EDUCATION

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education. - Sir Walter Scott

Tuesday 25 September 2012

True to yourself or false

I was pondering the world when I was coming home from my singing lesson today (I was on a bus so I had time to ponder :) )

We live in a world of false things:

False promises - we see this with our MPs [politicians], of course these can be at a lower level
False peace treaties - again amongst nations - false peace can be amongst families and work colleauges, peers etc.

But what about our personal lives? Our physical bodies? Did God create us to be false? Did God give us the bodies we have so that we could alter them to how we want to? This world is full of false things:

False hair colour/hair type (curly or straight) etc.
False eye lashes
False skin colour (tans and the like)
False nails
False breasts
False eye colour (different coloured contact lenses)
False body figures (I remember in the 80s there was a media frenzy when Jane Fonda admitted she had some ribs removed to make her have a slim(mer) waist)

Do we really have to go around being false? (Got to admit that I have worn false nails because my nails are hopeless)

I'm not judging anyone who has any of these things - Just wondering whether we should be false in our lives - have false anything (including false attitudes...)?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.